9.16.2008

my birth story

On Saturday morning I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. It was an interesting end to an interesting month.
At 8 am I felt my water break. John and I were looking forward to a day of cleaning and preparing for baby. When I told John that my water broke he said to me, "you have got to be kidding me".
We had people working on our house and John asked to run to the lumber store to pick up a few things. I was hoping to take a shower when he got home.
At 8:45 I told him that my contractions were going and for him to get home.
At 8:50 John came home and called his parents to come and watch Jack.
At 9:10 we left for the hospital. I don't think I have ever gone down the stairs so quickly.
On the drive down to the hospital my contractions were one to two minutes apart. I was starting to push and I told him that I was going to have the baby in the car. John blew 3 red lights in downtown Chicago.
Just after 9:20 we arrived at the hospital and I was brought directly into the delivery room.
at 9:48 our son was born.
My doctor didn't have time to change into her scrubs.

So here are the stats...
Name: Samuel Huck Olech
Weight: 8 pounds 2 ounces
Height: 20.5 inches

No comments: